Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hangzhou (杭州), Zhejiang

http://www.visithangzhou.com/cmarter/files/20060801-I8MR-58YE-cnTQ.JPG

Good news! I received my city placement yesterday. It looks like I'll be spending 6 weeks in Hangzhou this summer(: If you guys don't know where Hangzhou is, it is the capital city of Zhejiang Province and is an hour away from Shanghai by train. From what people have been telling me, the city is very pretty. My guide says that "alongside Suzhou, Hangzhou has been referred to by many as 'heaven on earth' because of its breathtaking scenery." Also, my friends have been telling me about how amazing the food is over there. If you know me, you would know that I am crazy about food. I just hope I don't gain too much weight in China...

On a different note, I am incredibly excited for the host family aspect of the program. Host families are selected among the students who attend the high school that our host institution is located in. Do you know what this means?! This means that I will be getting a host sibling for sure! I can't wait to meet my host family (well, I need to find out who my host family is first, but that's not until June). What's even better is that there will be activities planned during the course of the program, where we will get to bond and interact with our siblings. I'm hoping that whoever my sibling is, I hope this person likes EXO (particularly EXO-M). Kidding. But seriously, I hope we get along!

EXO approves of this post

No comments:

Post a Comment