Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm a Member of the He Family!

I received my host family information earlier this morning and was delighted to find out that I will be staying with the He family for the six weeks that I am in China!

My host dad is an engineer, and my host mom is the manager of a company in Hangzhou. I also have a 16 year old host sister, which I am completely happy about. She attends the same school that I will be attending, so we'll probably be traveling to school together in the morning.

No other information was provided about my family, such as hobbies and etc, but I was given their email address, home address and phone number. Apparently, I live 10-12 minutes away from school by car and 45-50 minutes away from school by bus. Hmm, I wonder what mode of transportation my host sister takes to school...

Okay, I feel really creepy for saying this, but I actually google searched my sister's name. (I'm sorry! I just wanted more information on my host family since I'm so impatient.) Google says that she's a top student in her school, and she also does debate...which is pretty amusing. I used to debate within the NFL (National Forensics League) back in 7th and 8th grade, but gave it up in favor of speech and choir.

Only 9 days left until PDO!

Until next time,
Christine

2 comments:

  1. Gahh I'm so excited for you Christine!!! You finally get to travel out of the country! :D From what you posted here, it seems that you share some things in common with your sister. :)I'm sure you will be successful in achieving your goal of "self discovery." Have fun on your adventure and us updated!! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you so much Lynse<33(: I'm super excited. I'll try to update when I can. Btw we still didn't get to go circle island or water park this summer. .__.

      PS: you still need to finish writing in my year book :)

      Delete