Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Homesick...Sort of

I just really miss home right now...I don't even know why. I guess it's just because I've been so bored living in my host family's home. I mean, they're nice and all...but they don't really go out or do anything because my host mom works a lot, my host dad works in another city from Monday-Friday, and my sister always has homework (or she's always on the computer...btw, the host siblings all joined a QQ chat where they talk about the 美国人 (Americans) in it). I have literally fallen into a routine, which is something I absolutely hate l o l. Here is my normal day:

6:15 a.m. - 起床 (wake up, get out of bed, brush teeth, etc)
6:35 a.m. - 吃早饭 (eat breakfast)
6:55 a.m. - leave the apartment and walk to bus stop
7:05 a.m. - take the 303 公共汽车 (bus)
7:18 a.m. - 下车 (get off the 303) and take the 197 (which is also Will's bus)
7:40 a.m. - arrive at 我的学校 (my school) and hang out
8 a.m. - 中文课 (Chinese class) for 4 hours
12 p.m. - 午餐 (lunch)
1 p.m. - culture classes [we did 太极 (Tai chi) and 包饺子 (made dumplings),the other day. 我们今天有中国音乐课 (We had Chinese music class today)]
3 p.m. - explore 杭州 (Hangzhou) with the other 美国人 (Americans)
4 p.m. - walk a mile to my bus station and take the 303 bus back home
4:40 p.m. - reach the apartment and drink a ton of water
5 p.m. - 做功课 (do homework)
6:30 p.m. - 吃晚饭 (eat dinner)
7 p.m. - 做功课  (homework)
9 p.m. - 洗澡 (shower)
10:30 p.m. - 刷牙 (brush teeth) and get ready for bed
11 p.m. - 睡觉 (sleep)

I really wish I could go out exploring by myself or something, but I don't know the bus routes/city well enough to do so. Hopefully I'll be able to in time. 

Side note: the ice cream here is so cheap! There's a little shop in the back of the school that sells ice cream for 2 or 3 元, which is about $0.30-$0.50. Last night, my host sister and I (she's my 妹妹 lol...a year younger, but she's taller than me) went to this little store (it's like a 7-11) and I bought an orange drink for 3 元 (which is like $0.50). I have a feeling I'll be spending all my money on food and clothes. 

Until next time,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment