Saturday, July 27, 2013

便宜 is my Favorite Word Pt. 2

Wednesday (July 24)
Coincidentally, Haley and I wore matching outfits today. Some of our classmates thought we had planned it out, but that was not the case at all. I literally walked into school and the first thing Haley said to me was "Are we wearing the same thing?".

Haley's Instagram caption: "Went to China. Found a twin” Btw, my dress has tiny bows on it while Haley has large bows.

After school, Alex, Matthew and I headed over to Matthew's host house...where we were, unluckily, locked out. I asked Matthew why he didn't carry a key with him, and he replied that someone was always home, so there was no need for it. Well, no one was home today, so we had to call Sander (Matthew's host brother) for help. Unfortunately, neither Sander nor his mom had the keys to the house, so we had to wait with them in the restaurant for an hour before Sander's dad was done with his massage. It wasn't too bad, though, because I got some reading and homework done, and Sander made a QQ for me and Alex. Plus, Sander's mom ordered each of us this yummy watermelon drink. It was pretty relaxing. 

When we finally got into Sander's house (btw, his house is really nice. They have hundreds of books in their living room), his dad interrogated me about Hawaii. It was pretty funny. He was asking Sander what the capital of Hawaii was because it might be on the SAT. We had to explain to him that it won't be on the SAT because the SAT is more about reasoning than memorizing cities and capitals (unless he's planning to take the SAT II's....then I don't really know). 

After Sander's house, the four of us (including Sander) took the 118  bus to Michelle's area and walked all the way to 文二路, where we reached this huge shopping mall and plaza with lots of food shops lined up next to it. The food was yummy (and only 7 元... that's about $1 for dinner!), but the dessert was even better. Because Michelle and I wanted to buy some more stationary items (her sister had told her there was a stationary shop in back of the shopping mall), we headed inside the mall, where I bought more glue sticks and animal-shaped whiteouts. (Oh, Haley and Michelle got hit on by the guy selling them iPhone cases). 

What is Sander laughing at? I don't really know.

When we got out of the shopping mall, it was already dark out...and the dancing had begun...so Michelle and I made our way past the rollerblading kids to the area with the old Chinese ladies. Matthew's dancing was hilarious. He just...yeah. Lanky arms and legs. I have some videos, which I will probably upload when I get back home. Sander was just staring at us like "What are these crazy Americans doing?". We have some pictures from that night, but it looks like we're partying in a mosh pit at a rave...instead of at a park...dancing with old Chinese ladies. 

Eventually, Haley and Michelle had to leave, so it was just me, Sander, Alex, and Matthew. The unexpected happen and Gangnam Style started playing. There was the original version and a remixed version. Alex and Matthew ran back to the dancing and made fools out of themselves (hehe, kidding. I love you guys). Apparently, a dancing line was formed (the one where people line up on both sides, and you dance down the middle space)...and Alex and Matthew just strut through the line like nobody's business.

I ended the night by taking the taxi home by myself for the first time. The fee was only 18 元, so it wasn't too expensive. It wasn't that scary either, and the cab driver was pretty nice. I had survived! Woo! All in all, it was a fun night.

Thursday (July 25)
Not too much happened today, except that we had an RD meeting and celebrated Francesca's belated birthday with cheesecake (both regular and green tea-flavored!). Happy belated birthday Francesca! For lunch, Haley, Matthew, Michelle and I headed back to the boba place and bought ourselves yummy drinks. Well, Matthew bought himself a foot long from the subway next door. Typical Matthew. 

¥9 = $1.50

Btw, I lied guys. I'll be having one or two more posts to continue this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment