Friday, August 2, 2013

Fun in the 图书馆

Friday (July 26)
李老师 is literally the best teacher in the whole world! During his class, all we did was watch Kungfu Panda 2  (in Chinese of course). We even moved the blue chairs up and pushed back our work tables aside, so that it resembled a real movie theater. The only thing missing was food, especially popcorn. Class was so amazing today. 

Side note: Ryan is no longer our class because he moved up to the advanced class. Now, our class comprises of 6 girls: me, Haley, Michelle, Alex, Kaelin and Olive. 

After school, Angelo, Xochitl (I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong) and I decided to explore the Zhejiang library, which is also the chief topic of this post. First, we visited the Zhejiang library for adults. The library is huge; it's 3 stories! There are so many rooms and hallways (even an auditorium). I, honestly, had a lot of fun exploring the library. For one, we stalked sleeping people in there. There was this one guy sleeping by the stairways, and Angelo tried taking a picture of him...but the guy woke up before we got the picture (we wanted a picture of the guy's sleeping face), so it was awkward. Angelo and Xochitl ran away and hid from him. It was incredibly funny. The guy stared at us like: "Wtf just happened?" He was still trying to process what was going on after waking up from his deep slumber. Another guy (that we ran past  to hide from the sleeping guy) was laughing at us while talking on his phone. The second thing happened when the three of us stepped into the most crowded part of the library (it's where all the students gather there to study and do homework...and when I say it's crowded, I mean it. It was filled with Chinese teens. There were no free tables at all...and the room is huge). When we walked into the room, I stepped on a rug and it made this farting sound. Embarrassing much? Especially since the room was COMPLETELY SILENT, and then all of a sudden there was this farting sound (which sounded really real, btw)that appeared out of nowhere. Angelo thought the sound came from Xochitl. After this, I just couldn't keep my face straight. We just kept laughing and all of the Chinese students in the room stared at us, so we had to leave. Well, I had to leave. Angelo and Xochitl just followed me out. Oh, how immature our humor is. Sorry if this did not sound funny at all.

Besides stalking people and creating trouble, we also tried searching for books in English. The only books that they have in English are about politics, the economy, and etc. I found it interesting that the library also had books in Japanese and there was a section dedicated solely to Chinese versions of Japanese manga (and natural science!). I don't even think we explored every single room in the library. 

After we visited the library for adults, the three of us went to the children's library next door. I really like the children's library; I like it more than the adult one because it's nicer. The children's library is three stories tall and the furniture/bookshelf/decor looks really modern and edgy. I like the feel and atmosphere of the library. Honestly, I don't care if the library is meant for children. I would rather do my homework in that library than in the adult library any day. The children's library also has really comfy couches and chairs. I could stay there all day. One thing that's really cute is that the bathroom in this library has teeny squat potties and sinks for the toddlers.  

Doesn't the children's library look so nice?! It has a very modern feel to it. I love it in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment